If you would like to review the artifacts while the Apache Incubator
PMC votes on them, you can find them at
http://people.apache.org/~eevans. After the vote (assuming it is in
the affirmative) we will push them to the mirrors and website.
Changelog (from CHANGES.txt):
* On-disk data format has changed to allow billions of keys/rows per
node instead of only millions
* Multi-keyspace support
* Added option to fsync before acknowledging writes
* Scan all sstables for all queries to avoid situations where
different types of operation on the same ColumnFamily could
disagree on what data was present
* Configurable LRU cache for key lookups
* Snapshot support via JMX
* Thrift API has changed a _lot_:
- removed time-sorted CFs; instead, user-defined comparators
may be defined on the column names, which are now byte arrays.
Default comparators are provided for UTF8, Bytes, Ascii, Long (i64),
and UUID types.
- removed colon-delimited strings in thrift api in favor of explicit
structs such as ColumnPath, ColumnParent, etc. Also normalized
thrift struct and argument naming.
- Added columnFamily argument to get_key_range.
- Change signature of get_slice and get_slice_super to accept
starting and ending columns as well as an offset. (This allows use
of indexes.) Added "ascending" flag to allow reasonably-efficient
reverse scans as well. Removed get_slice_by_range as redundant.
- Similarly, changed signature of get_slice_super.
- get_key_range operates on one CF at a time
- changed `block` boolean on insert methods to ConsistencyLevel enum,
with options of NONE, ONE, QUORUM, and ALL.
- added similar consistency_level parameter to read methods
- column-name-set slice with no names given now returns zero columns
instead of all of them. ("all" can run your server out of memory.
use a range-based slice with a high max column count instead.)
* Removed the web interface. Node information can now be obtained by
using the newly introduced nodeprobe utility.
* More JMX stats
* Remove magic values from internals (e.g. special key to indicate
when to flush memtables)
* Rename configuration "table" to "keyspace"
* Moved to crash-only design; no more shutdown (just kill the process)
* Lots of bug fixes