Announcing 0.3.0

Eric Evans-4
It is with great pleasure that I announce the very first release of
Apache Cassandra, 0.3.0[1]

A projects first release is a significant milestone and one that our
burgeoning community should be proud of. Many thanks to everyone that
submitted patches and bug reports, helped with testing, documented,
organized, or just asked the important questions.

Without further ado:

The official download:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/cassandra/0.3.0/apache-cassandra-incubating-0.3.0-bin.tar.gz
SVN Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.3.0-final/

[1] DISCLAIMER: Apache Cassandra is an effort undergoing incubation at
The ASF, sponsored by the Apache Incubator Project Management Committee
(PMC).

Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects.

While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project
has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

--
Eric Evans
[hidden email]

dpp

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp

Re: Announcing 0.3.0

thedaniel
When I download this file, I get a 5KB file rather than the actual
release. Is anyone else having this problem?

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:57, Eric Evans<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is with great pleasure that I announce the very first release of
> Apache Cassandra, 0.3.0[1]
>
> A projects first release is a significant milestone and one that our
> burgeoning community should be proud of. Many thanks to everyone that
> submitted patches and bug reports, helped with testing, documented,
> organized, or just asked the important questions.
>
> Without further ado:
>
> The official download:
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/cassandra/0.3.0/apache-cassandra-incubating-0.3.0-bin.tar.gz
> SVN Tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.3.0-final/
>

> [1] DISCLAIMER: Apache Cassandra is an effort undergoing incubation at
> The ASF, sponsored by the Apache Incubator Project Management Committee
> (PMC).
>
> Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
> review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
> making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
> successful ASF projects.
>
> While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
> completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project
> has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
>
> --
> Eric Evans

..[daniel hengeveld]..
neoglam.com

Re: Announcing 0.3.0

Jeff Hodges
Click through. It takes you to a page of mirror links.

In the future, much debugging can be done by pointing your browser to the page.
--
Jeff

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Daniel Hengeveld<[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I download this file, I get a 5KB file rather than the actual
> release. Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:57, Eric Evans<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It is with great pleasure that I announce the very first release of
>> Apache Cassandra, 0.3.0[1]
>>
>> A projects first release is a significant milestone and one that our
>> burgeoning community should be proud of. Many thanks to everyone that
>> submitted patches and bug reports, helped with testing, documented,
>> organized, or just asked the important questions.
>>
>> Without further ado:
>>
>> The official download:
>> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/cassandra/0.3.0/apache-cassandra-incubating-0.3.0-bin.tar.gz
>> SVN Tag:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.3.0-final/
>>

>> [1] DISCLAIMER: Apache Cassandra is an effort undergoing incubation at
>> The ASF, sponsored by the Apache Incubator Project Management Committee
>> (PMC).
>>
>> Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
>> review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
>> making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
>> successful ASF projects.
>>
>> While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
>> completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project
>> has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
>>
>> --
>> Eric Evans
>> [hidden email]
>>

> --
> ..[daniel hengeveld]..
> neoglam.com

Re: Announcing 0.3.0

thedaniel
I clicked on the link in my browser (Safari) - even copied the url and
pasted it into the location bar of a new window, and was absolutely
*not* greeted with a page of mirrors. Upon your reply, I tried an
alternate browser (Firefox) and did get the links. Still doesn't work
in Safari. Thanks for the help!

~d

..[daniel hengeveld]..
neoglam.com

Re: Announcing 0.3.0

Ian Holsman-3
you need to give a tiny bit of time (say 24 hours) for the mirrors to
catch up.

--
Ian Holsman

Re: Announcing 0.3.0

Jeff Hodges
Wow, what the hell. Safari problem confirmed on my machine.
--
Jeff

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Daniel Hengeveld<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I clicked on the link in my browser (Safari) - even copied the url and
> pasted it into the location bar of a new window, and was absolutely
> *not* greeted with a page of mirrors. Upon your reply, I tried an
> alternate browser (Firefox) and did get the links. Still doesn't work
> in Safari. Thanks for the help!
>
> ~d
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 17:05, Jeff Hodges<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Click through. It takes you to a page of mirror links.
>>
>> In the future, much debugging can be done by pointing your browser to the page.
>> --
>> Jeff
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Daniel Hengeveld<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> When I download this file, I get a 5KB file rather than the actual
>>> release. Is anyone else having this problem?

>>> --
>>> ..[daniel hengeveld]..
>>> neoglam.com
>>>

> --
> ..[daniel hengeveld]..
> neoglam.com

Re: Announcing 0.3.0

Jonas Bonér-3
Big congrats. Thanks for all the effort put in.

2009/7/20 Eric Evans <[hidden email]>:

> It is with great pleasure that I announce the very first release of
> Apache Cassandra, 0.3.0[1]
>
> A projects first release is a significant milestone and one that our
> burgeoning community should be proud of. Many thanks to everyone that
> submitted patches and bug reports, helped with testing, documented,
> organized, or just asked the important questions.
>
> Without further ado:
>
> The official download:
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/cassandra/0.3.0/apache-cassandra-incubating-0.3.0-bin.tar.gz
> SVN Tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.3.0-final/
>

> [1] DISCLAIMER: Apache Cassandra is an effort undergoing incubation at
> The ASF, sponsored by the Apache Incubator Project Management Committee
> (PMC).
>
> Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
> review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
> making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
> successful ASF projects.
>
> While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
> completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project
> has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.
>
> --
> Eric Evans

Jonas Bonér

twitter: @jboner