Begginer with cassandra Apache - Gossip

jean paul
Hello All,

Please, i'm newer with cassandra Apache. i'm sooo interested.  i know some details about its architecture, some details also about gossip protocol.

I'd like to test it, to more understand :) i ask if there is a howto tutorial that can help me ?

Thanks a lot for help.
Best Regards.

Re: Begginer with cassandra Apache - Gossip

Akhil Mehra
Hi Jean,

I have written three article that might be of help to you:

These three should help you get started. Feedback will be highly appreciated. I am looking to know if these article helped you understand Cassandra fundamentals better.

I would also highly recommend the tutorials on the Datastax site:

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Akhil

On 16/03/2015, at 8:13 am, jean paul <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello All,

Please, i'm newer with cassandra Apache. i'm sooo interested.  i know some details about its architecture, some details also about gossip protocol.

I'd like to test it, to more understand :) i ask if there is a howto tutorial that can help me ?

Thanks a lot for help.
Best Regards.

Re: Begginer with cassandra Apache - Gossip

jean paul
Ok i will read all documents :) thanks a lot for help :)
Please, can i you send me some details (url of source code) about the implementation of gossip protocol used in cassandra ? thanks a lot for help :)
i find this https://github.com/bpot/node-gossip

?

Bests.

[...]

Check our the following urls:

Is this what your were looking for. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Akhil

On 16/03/2015, at 10:43 am, jean paul <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hello :) Thanks a lot for you help :)

Please, i have another question about gossip and failure detection.
i'd like to test step by step all components in cassandra. i'd like to test first of all gossip protocol  https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArchitectureGossip  and the failure detection

I have tens of nodes in my cluster. i'd like to get the states of these nodes(alive, not etc ..)  My problem is that I do not know how to start. Can you guide me please a litte bit ?

? that's it ?

Thank you so much for help. i'd like to know how to start please :)
Best regards.

[...]

I see you are getting a lot of help on other threads. Can you please elaborate a bit more on the problem you are trying to solve. Would nodetool status help (http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/tools/toolsStatus.html)

Not sure why you trying to dig into the code?

Cheers,
Akhil

On 17/03/2015, at 12:00 am, jean paul <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hello, thanks a lot for your help :)

i try to find answers to these questions:

Second Terminal:

$nodetool join
This node has already joined the ring.

$nodetool status
Datacenter: datacenter1
Status=Up/Down
|/ State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving
--  Address    Load       Tokens  Owns (effective)  Host ID                               Rack
UN  127.0.0.1  83.05 KB   256     100.0%            460ddcd9-1ee8-48b8-a618-c076056aad07  rack1

Please, i have two questions:
1) i have 10 machines in my cluster, how can i create a ring on these 10 machines, i have to launch cassandra on each machine ?
2) what command can i use to see all nodes on the ring and their status (alive or not).

i have already posted this question on another thread.