Quantcast

Binary Protocol Version and CQL version supported in 2.0.14

Binary Protocol Version and CQL version supported in 2.0.14

Anishek Agarwal
Hello,

I was trying to find what protocol versions are supported in Cassandara 2.0.14 and after reading multiple links i am very very confused.

Please correct me if my understanding is correct:
  • Binary Protocol version and CQL Spec version are different ?
  • Cassandra 2.0.x supports CQL 3 ?
  • Is there a different Binary Protocol version between 2.0.x and 2.1.x ?

Is there some link which states what version of cassandra supports what binary protocol version and CQL spec version (Additionally showing which drivers support what will be great too) ?

 The  link shows some info but i am not sure what the supported protocol versions are referring to(binary or CQL spec).

Thanks
Anishek