Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
I was not able to find a conclusive answer to this question on the internet so I am asking this question here.
Is a Cassandra node able to accept insert or delete operations while the node is being repaired?
Thanks
-Razi

Re: Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
Sorry  if this is a double post.  My message may not have posted since I sent the email before receiving the WELCOME message.

From: <Khaja>, Razi Khaja <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 12:31 PM
To: "[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Cc: Razi Khaja <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Subject: Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

I was not able to find a conclusive answer to this question on the internet so I am asking this question here.
Is a Cassandra node able to accept insert or delete operations while the node is being repaired?
Thanks
-Razi

Re: Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

Russell Bradberry
Yes

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 9:53 AM -0700, "Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I was not able to find a conclusive answer to this question on the internet so I am asking this question here.
Is a Cassandra node able to accept insert or delete operations while the node is being repaired?
Thanks
-Razi

Re: Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

arun sirimalla
Yes, Cassandra nodes accept writes during Repair. Also Repair triggers compactions to remove any tombstones.

--
ArunĀ
Senior Hadoop/Cassandra Engineer

Champion of Big Data (Cloudera)

2014 Data Impact Award Winner (Cloudera)

Re: Can a Cassandra node accept writes while being repaired

Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
Thanks for the answers.

From: arun sirimalla <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 2:00 PM
To: "[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Cc: Razi Khaja <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
I was not able to find a conclusive answer to this question on the internet so I am asking this question here.
Is a Cassandra node able to accept insert or delete operations while the node is being repaired?
Thanks
-Razi

--
Arun
Senior Hadoop/Cassandra Engineer
Cloudwick

Champion of Big Data (Cloudera)
http://www.cloudera.com/content/dev-center/en/home/champions-of-big-data.html

2014 Data Impact Award Winner (Cloudera)
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/campaign/data-impact-awards.html