Can we connect to every node in cassandra ?

Can we connect to every node in cassandra ?

mobiledreamers
Hey guys

Say there are 4 nodes in cassandra, is it possible that we can send insert/delete/update queries to any of the nodes?

    <Seeds>
        <Seed>127.0.0.1</Seed>
        <Seed>x.x.x.x</Seed>
        <Seed>2.4.11.3</Seed>
        <Seed>23.41.121.43</Seed>
    </Seeds>

Do all the data stores in other nodes need to be runnin on port 9160 as there is not a way to specify port in the list of seeds
    <!-- Addresses of hosts that are deemed contact points. Cassandra nodes use
         this list of hosts to find each other and learn the topology of the ring.
         You must change this if you are running multiple nodes!
    -->
    <Seeds>
        <Seed>127.0.0.1</Seed>
    </Seeds>

Thanks a lot
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: Can we connect to every node in cassandra ?

Chris Goffinet-2

On Jul 12, 2009, at 1:34 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Say there are 4 nodes in cassandra, is it possible that we can send insert/delete/update queries to any of the nodes?

Yes. Using the default partitioner, its designed to connect to any nodes.

Do all the data stores in other nodes need to be runnin on port 9160 as there is not a way to specify port in the list of seeds

Yes. There are more ports than just '9160' to consider. Gossip, Storage, UDP, etc. So as long as the other nodes have similar configs, just setting the IP's in the seed section is good enough.

Thanks a lot
--
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: Can we connect to every node in cassandra ?

mobiledreamers
Yes. There are more ports than just '9160' to consider. Gossip, Storage, UDP, etc. So as long as the other nodes have similar configs, just setting the IP's in the seed section is good enough.

Thanks chris
How do we specify 9160, gossip,storage, udp in the seeds xml section

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Chris Goffinet <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jul 12, 2009, at 1:34 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Say there are 4 nodes in cassandra, is it possible that we can send insert/delete/update queries to any of the nodes?

Yes. Using the default partitioner, its designed to connect to any nodes.

Do all the data stores in other nodes need to be runnin on port 9160 as there is not a way to specify port in the list of seeds

Yes. There are more ports than just '9160' to consider. Gossip, Storage, UDP, etc. So as long as the other nodes have similar configs, just setting the IP's in the seed section is good enough.

Thanks a lot
--
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: Can we connect to every node in cassandra ?

Jonathan Ellis-3
Every node assumes each other node listens on the same ports.  (This
might seem inflexible but it is actually a good policy to enforce.)
So just make sure those numbers are consistent across the cluster.