[Cassandra 2.0] truncate table

eduardo.cusa
Hi Guys, I truncated a column family that has a size of 31 gb, and the disk space was not released

what else do i have to do?

Regards
Eduardo

Re: [Cassandra 2.0] truncate table

Laing, Michael
Nodetool clearsnapshot

On Thursday, April 9, 2015, Eduardo Cusa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Guys, I truncated a column family that has a size of 31 gb, and the disk space was not released

what else do i have to do?

Regards
Eduardo

Re: [Cassandra 2.0] truncate table

Parth Setya

As per this thread

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10520110/how-do-i-delete-all-data-in-a-cassandra-column-family

What you can do to physically remove the files is to go to /var/lib/cassandra/data/keyspace_name and then manually delete the directory with the name of that column family. Do this on all the nodes

On Apr 9, 2015 7:26 PM, "Eduardo Cusa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Guys, I truncated a column family that has a size of 31 gb, and the disk space was not released

what else do i have to do?

Regards
Eduardo

Re: [Cassandra 2.0] truncate table

Anuj
You can try doing it from cassandra cli. Set consistency level to All and then truncate.

Anuj Wadehra

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Eduardo