Data migration

skrynnikov_m
Hello!!!
Need to migrate data from one C* cluster to another periodically. During
migration schema can change(add or remove one, two fields). Could you
please suggest some tool?

Re: Data migration

prem yadav
Look into sqoop. I believe using sqoop you can transfer data between C* clusters. I haven't tested it though.
other option is to write a program to read from one cluster and write the required data to another.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:27 PM, skrynnikov_m <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!!!
Need to migrate data from one C* cluster to another periodically. During
migration schema can change(add or remove one, two fields). Could you
please suggest some tool?

Re: Data migration

Ben Bromhead
Use SSTableloader it comes with Cassandra and is designed for moving data between clusters and is far simpler than sqoop. it "should" even work with a schema change like you described (changing columns). It would probably/definitely break if you were dropping tables.

Mind you I've never tried sstableloader while schema changes were occurring so happy to be wrong.

--

Ben Bromhead

Instaclustr | www.instaclustr.com | @instaclustr | (650) 284 9692