Datastax Enterprise AMI EC2

Vanessa Gligor
Hi,

I tried to launch the datastax AMI using enterprise version following these steps:

- I launched the AMI only with the Opscenter in a ec2 instance and then I have created a new Cluster containg 2 nodes - Cassanrda & Solr. This scenario works just fine in South America (Sao Paulo).

I tried to do the exact same thing, following the exact same steps, the same AMI in US East (N. Virginia), but it's not working and I don't know why.

It gets this error:
Stop Errored: /usr/sbin/service dse stop failed
Error Details
Stop Errored: /usr/sbin/service dse stop failed
exit status: 1

stdout:
log_daemon_msg is a shell function
Cassandra 2.0 and later require Java 7 or later.

Or it gets blocked up somewhere at : Waiting for the agent to start

Do you have any ideea about what is happening? Thank you very much!

Vanessa.

Re: Datastax Enterprise AMI EC2

Nick Bailey-2
This is a known issue with older versions of the AMI. Use the 2.5.1 version of the AMI (seehttps://raw.githubusercontent.com/riptano/ComboAMI/2.5/ami_ids.json for the ids for your region). For a more detailed discussion of what's going wrong, see this StackExchange answer:http://stackoverflow.com/a/29174929

Sorry, for the inconvenience. It's a bug we are working on.

Vanessa.