Quantcast

Hive support on Cassandra

Ajay-2
Hi,

Does Apache Cassandra (not DSE) support Hive Integration?

I found couple of open source efforts but nothing is available currently.

Thanks
Ajay

Re: Hive support on Cassandra

Jens Rantil
Hi Ajay,

I just Googled your question and ended up here: http://stackoverflow.com/q/11850186/260805 The only solution seem to be Datastax Enterprise.

Cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Rantil
Backend engineer

Phone: +46 708 84 18 32

Re: Hive support on Cassandra

List
You might also look at Apache Drill, which has support (I think alpha) for ANSI SQL queries against Cassandra if that would suit your needs.

> On May 6, 2015, at 12:57 AM, Ajay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does Apache Cassandra (not DSE) support Hive Integration?
>
> I found couple of open source efforts but nothing is available currently.
>
> Thanks
> Ajay

Re: Hive support on Cassandra

Andres de la Peña
You may also find interesting https://github.com/Stratio/crossdata. This project provides batch and streaming capabilities for Cassandra and others databases though a SQL-like language.

Disclaimer: I am an employee of Stratio

--

Andrés de la Peña

Avenida de Europa, 26. Ática 5. 3ª Planta
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
Tel: +34 91 352 59 42 // @stratiobd

Re: Hive support on Cassandra

Ajay-2
Thanks everyone.

Basically we are looking at Hive because it supports advanced queries (CQL is limited to the data model).

Does Stratio supports similar to Hive?

Thanks
Ajay

--

Andrés de la Peña

Avenida de Europa, 26. Ática 5. 3ª Planta
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
Tel: +34 91 352 59 42 // @stratiobd

Re: Hive support on Cassandra

Jonathan Haddad
You may find Spark to be useful.  You can do SQL, but also use Python, Scala or Java.

I wrote a post last week on getting started with DataFrames & Spark, which you can register as tables & query using Hive compatible SQL: http://rustyrazorblade.com/2015/05/on-the-bleeding-edge-pyspark-dataframes-and-cassandra/