How to stop "nodetool repair" in 2.1.2?

Benyi Wang
I ran "nodetool repair -- keyspace table" for a table, and it is still running after 4 days. I knew there is an issue for repair with vnodes https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5220. My question is how I can kill this sequential repair?

I killed the process which I ran the repair command. But I still can find the repair activities running on different nodes in OpsCenter.

Is there a way I can stop the repair without restarting the nodes?

Thanks.

Re: How to stop "nodetool repair" in 2.1.2?

Sebastian Estevez

nodetool stop VALIDATION

On Apr 15, 2015 5:16 PM, "Benyi Wang" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I ran "nodetool repair -- keyspace table" for a table, and it is still running after 4 days. I knew there is an issue for repair with vnodes https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5220. My question is how I can kill this sequential repair?

I killed the process which I ran the repair command. But I still can find the repair activities running on different nodes in OpsCenter.

Is there a way I can stop the repair without restarting the nodes?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Re: How to stop "nodetool repair" in 2.1.2?

Robert Coli-3
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Benyi Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
It didn't work. I ran the command on all nodes, but I still can see the repair activities.

Your input as an operator who wants a nodetool command to trivially stop repairs is welcome here :

For now, your two options are :

1) restart all nodes participating in the repair
2) access the JMX endpoint forceTerminateAllRepairSessions on all nodes participating in the repair