Quantcast

Is 2.1.5 ready for upgrade?

Dikang Gu
Hi guys,

We have some issues with streaming in 2.1.2. We find that there are a lot of patches in 2.1.5. Is it ready for upgrade?

Thanks.
Dikang

Re: Is 2.1.5 ready for upgrade?

Robert Coli-3
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Dikang Gu <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have some issues with streaming in 2.1.2. We find that there are a lot of patches in 2.1.5. Is it ready for upgrade?

I personally would not run either version in production at this time, but if forced, would prefer 2.1.5 over 2.1.2.

Re: Is 2.1.5 ready for upgrade?

Brian Sam-Bodden
Robert,
Can you elaborate more please?

Cheers,
Brian

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015, Robert Coli <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Dikang Gu <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;dikang85@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">dikang85@...> wrote:
We have some issues with streaming in 2.1.2. We find that there are a lot of patches in 2.1.5. Is it ready for upgrade?

I personally would not run either version in production at this time, but if forced, would prefer 2.1.5 over 2.1.2.

Re: Is 2.1.5 ready for upgrade?

Nathan Bijnens
We had some serious issues with 2.1.3:
- Bootstrapping a new node resulted in OOM
- Repair resulted in an OOM on several nodes
- When reading some parts of the data it caused cascading crashes on all it's replica nodes.

Downgrading to the 2.0.X branch didn't work because of some incompatibilities, so we launched a new cluster and migrated all data.

We will not be looking at 2.1 until we see some major resolved issues.

IMHO if you don't need counters stick to the 2.0.X branch. DTCS is available from 2.0.11.

N.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 11:50 PM Brian Sam-Bodden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Robert,
Can you elaborate more please?

Cheers,
Brian

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015, Robert Coli <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Dikang Gu <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have some issues with streaming in 2.1.2. We find that there are a lot of patches in 2.1.5. Is it ready for upgrade?

I personally would not run either version in production at this time, but if forced, would prefer 2.1.5 over 2.1.2.

Phil Yang

Re: Is 2.1.5 ready for upgrade?

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Brian Sam-Bodden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Robert,
Can you elaborate more please?

2.1.3 had enough serious issues that I would not run it in production. Nathan mentions some down-thread.
2.1.4 is just a security release
2.1.5 is unreleased, and I don't generally run unreleased versions at all.
Even once it's released, I am reluctant to be the person to determine if this is the first-production-ready-release-in-the-series.

YMMV!