Keyspace creation taking 4-5 minutes

Saurabh Sethi
We have a 3 node cassandra 2.1.2 development cluster on which we frequently do a lot of keyspace creation and deletion. But after couple of days, we observed that keyspace creation is taking in order of 4-5 minutes.

Anyone has any idea what might be causing it?

FYI, if I run repair, cleanup and compaction, things become fast again.

Thanks,
Saurabh

Re: Keyspace creation taking 4-5 minutes

Nate McCall-4
Because the schema is stored in the system tables, you may be seeing some of the recent issues with compaction, particularly:

Upgrade to 2.1.4 and see if it helps (note: there is still https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-8860 fixed in not-yet-released 2.1.5).

--
Nate McCall

Co-Founder & Sr. Technical Consultant