Logging client ID for YCSB workloads on Cassandra?

Logging client ID for YCSB workloads on Cassandra?

Jatin Ganhotra
Hi,

I'd like to log the client ID for every operation performed by the YCSB on my Cassandra cluster.

The purpose is to identify & analyze various other consistency measures other than eventual consistency.

I wanted to know if people have done something similar in the past. Or am I missing something really basic here?

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks
—
Jatin Ganhotra

Re: Logging client ID for YCSB workloads on Cassandra?

Jatin Ganhotra
Never mind, got it working.

Thanks :)

—
Jatin Ganhotra
Graduate Student, Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

Jan

Re: Logging client ID for YCSB workloads on Cassandra?

Jan
HI Jatin;

besides enabling Tracing,   is there any other way to get the task done  ?  (to log the client ID for every operation)
Please share with the community the solution, so that we could collectively learn from your experience.

cheers
Jan/

On Friday, February 20, 2015 12:48 PM, Jatin Ganhotra <[hidden email]> wrote:

Never mind, got it working.

Thanks :)

—
Jatin Ganhotra
Graduate Student, Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Jatin Ganhotra <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to log the client ID for every operation performed by the YCSB on my Cassandra cluster.

The purpose is to identify & analyze various other consistency measures other than eventual consistency.

I wanted to know if people have done something similar in the past. Or am I missing something really basic here?

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks
—
Jatin Ganhotra

Re: Logging client ID for YCSB workloads on Cassandra?

Jatin Ganhotra
Sure. I updated the YCSB code to pass a client ID as input parameter and then stored the clientID in the properties and used it in the DBWrapper class for logging per operation
YCSB/core/src/main/java/com/yahoo/ycsb/DBWrapper.java

Please let me know if you need more information and I can share my code samples, if that helps.

—