Not seeing keyspace in nodetool compactionhistory

Not seeing keyspace in nodetool compactionhistory

Ali Akhtar
When I run nodetool compactionhistory , I'm only seeing the system keyspace, and OpsCenter keyspace in the compactions. I only see one mention of my own keyspace, but its only for the smallest table within that keyspace (containing only about 1k rows). My two other tables, containing 1.1m and 100k rows respectively, weren't to be seen.

Any reason why that is?

I did fill up the data in those two tables within the span of about 4 hours (I ran a script to migrate existing data from legacy rdbms dbs). Could that have something to do with it?

I'm using SizeTieredCompactionStrategy for all tables.

Tyler Hobbs
DataStax

Re: Not seeing keyspace in nodetool compactionhistory

Ali Akhtar
I'm on 2.0.12

I'm not sure if that's issue, since the size isn't growing. The size is about what i'd expect.

DataStax

Tyler Hobbs
DataStax

Re: Not seeing keyspace in nodetool compactionhistory

Ali Akhtar
Only one, because I ran nodetool compact on the db earlier.

Actually, does nodetool compactionhistory only show the compactions within the last 24 hours or so? Because I had run nodetool compact about 24 hrs before i checked compactionhistory, so perhaps the earlier compactions were just not shown.