Performance Difference between Cassandra version

Performance Difference between Cassandra version

Raihan Jamal
I am trying to see whether there will be any performance difference between Cassandra 1.0.8 vs Cassandra 1.2.2 for reading the data mainly?

Has anyone seen any major performance difference?

Re: Performance Difference between Cassandra version

Franc Carter
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Raihan Jamal <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to see whether there will be any performance difference between Cassandra 1.0.8 vs Cassandra 1.2.2 for reading the data mainly?

Has anyone seen any major performance difference?

We are part way through a performance comparison between 1.0.9 with Size Tiered Compaction and 1.2.4 with Leveled Compaction - for our use case it looks like a significant performance improvement on the read side.  We are finding compaction lags when we do very large bulk loads, but for us this is an initialisation task and that's a reasonable trade-off

cheers

--

Franc Carter | Systems architect | Sirca Ltd[hidden email]

[hidden email] | www.sirca.org.au

Tel: +61 2 8355 2514

Level 4, 55 Harrington St, The Rocks NSW 2000

PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 1215

Re: Performance Difference between Cassandra version

aaron morton
I am trying to see whether there will be any performance difference between Cassandra 1.0.8 vs Cassandra 1.2.2 for reading the data mainly?
1.0 has key and row caches defined per CF, 1.1 has global ones which are better utilised and easier to manage.
1.2 moves bloom filters and compression meta off heap which reduces GC, which will help.
Things normally get faster.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant