Problems with tablesnap

janbalik
First, sorry for my English. I'm trying to use tablesnap to make backups and I have surfed a lot trying to find solutions to the problems that I'm finding with it, but without success. I have also searched in this forum, but I haven't found something similar to what is happening to me. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and after trying the installation of tablesnap as it is described in github, I'm not able to do it. I guess this is due to fact that the package is for Maverick. I have tried to copy the code and execute it, but again without success. It always display the message "INFO Starting up" and nothing happens. I'm sure the problem is my ignorance of linux, python and cassandra, but I haven't found enough information to make it work or a step by step document, a "howto" or similar. So I write here with the hope of getting some advice... Please, could you help me? Do you know about any document or example of installing and using for backup and recovery?

Thanks a lot.