Re: SV: How to stop cassandra server, installed from debian/ubuntupackage

Re: SV: How to stop cassandra server, installed from debian/ubuntupackage

Michelan Arendse
This is how I have been doing it:
pkill cassandra

then I do a netstat -anp | grep 8080
I look for the java service I'd running and then kill that java I'd
e.g. kill <java id>

I use standard close, CTRL C, I don't run it as deamon
Dunno but think it works fine =)

Re: SV: How to stop cassandra server, installed from debian/ubuntupackage

Jonathan Shook
If only one instance of Cassandra is running on each node, then use
something like
pkill -f 'java.*cassandra'

If more than one (not recommended for various reasons), then you
should modify the scripts to put a unique token in the process name.
Something like -Dprocname=... will work. Then you can modify your
pkill -f to be instance specific.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Lee Parker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Which debian/ubuntu packages are you using?  I am using the ones that are
> maintained by Eric Evans and the init.d script stops the server correctly.
>
> Lee Parker
>
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:22 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This is how I have been doing it:
>> pkill cassandra
>>
>> then I do a netstat -anp | grep 8080
>> I look for the java service I'd running and then kill that java I'd
>> e.g. kill <java id>

Dave Viner
Yes... if you're using debian cassandra you can do:

/etc/init.d/cassandra stop