Quantcast

Test of datastax java driver on cassandra and using nodetool

Test of datastax java driver on cassandra and using nodetool

wuxiaomin98
Dear All,

    I was doing some test on datastax java driver with Eclipse on Mac Pro. Basically, in
the eclipse, I was using prepared and batch statement to write (id, name), where id
ranges from 10000 to 1000000 and names are student1 - student10000(according to the range of id).

    After every time I run the code in eclipse, everything goes well, then I use nodetool cfhistograms and proxyhistograms, and cfstats to check the results. However, it seems to be weird. As I was looking forward to see the read latency and write lantency to increase, as I add the range from 10000, 100000, 1000000, 10000000, the final result turns out to be decreasing on the latency.

For example, for the cfhistograms of 10,000 first table and 100,000 second table:
Percentile  SSTables Write Latency
50%         0               14
75%         0                20
95%         0                42