Quantcast

bulk uploading

Rahul Bhardwaj
Hi All,

We have a cassandra cluster of 3 machines, which has a table containing 50 millions of rows. We are making a new cluster of 5 nodes  and we want to migrate this table to the new cluster.

Please suggest what would be the best and least time taking process. I know we can use sstable loader but how will it sync three nodes data into 5 nodes.

Regards:
Rahul Bhardwaj

Follow IndiaMART.com for latest updates on this and more: Mobile Channel:

Check out some smart tips to generate more business - IndiaMART Learning Centre

Re: bulk uploading

Robert Coli-3

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 1:22 AM, Rahul Bhardwaj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

We have a cassandra cluster of 3 machines, which has a table containing 50 millions of rows. We are making a new cluster of 5 nodes  and we want to migrate this table to the new cluster.

Please suggest what would be the best and least time taking process. I know we can use sstable loader but how will it sync three nodes data into 5 nodes.

Re: bulk uploading

Cool BSD
I would like do live migration instead of offline bulk load.

You can make 3-node old cluster as dc1, the 5-node new cluster as dc2, then "nodetool rebuild dc1" on dc2, in this way, you don't need to take down the cluster to maintain consistency.