Quantcast

cassandra and spark from cloudera distirbution

cassandra and spark from cloudera distirbution

Serega Sheypak
Hi, are Cassandra and Spark from Cloudera compatible?
Where can I find these compatilibity notes?

Re: cassandra and spark from cloudera distirbution

Jay Svc
There is a Enerprise Edition from Datastax; where they have Spark and Cassandra Integration.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Serega Sheypak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, are Cassandra and Spark from Cloudera compatible?
Where can I find these compatilibity notes?

Re: cassandra and spark from cloudera distirbution

Brian O'Neill
Depends which veresion of Spark you are running on Cloudera.

Once you know that — have a look at the compatibility chart here:

-brian

---

Brian O'Neill

Chief Technology Officer

Health Market Science, a LexisNexis Company

215.588.6024 Mobile @boneill42

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this email in error and are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please contact the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments and destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

Re: cassandra and spark from cloudera distirbution

Sebastian Estevez

There is no supported way to replace the embedded spark that comes in DSE with something else.

However you could probably read or write from/to DSE / Cassandra from a cloudera spark cluster using the open source DataStax connector. Are you looking for a particular feature that is not available in Spark 1.1?

On Apr 22, 2015 1:50 PM, "Serega Sheypak" <[hidden email]> wrote:
We already use it. Would like to use Spark from cloudera distribution. Should it work?

There is a Enerprise Edition from Datastax; where they have Spark and Cassandra Integration.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Serega Sheypak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, are Cassandra and Spark from Cloudera compatible?
Where can I find these compatilibity notes?

Re: cassandra and spark from cloudera distirbution

Serega Sheypak
What is "embedded" spark? Where can I read about it?
Right now we just install spark 1.2 built fro hadoop 2.4 and use it to query data from cassandra.

There is no supported way to replace the embedded spark that comes in DSE with something else.

However you could probably read or write from/to DSE / Cassandra from a cloudera spark cluster using the open source DataStax connector. Are you looking for a particular feature that is not available in Spark 1.1?

On Apr 22, 2015 1:50 PM, "Serega Sheypak" <[hidden email]> wrote:
We already use it. Would like to use Spark from cloudera distribution. Should it work?

There is a Enerprise Edition from Datastax; where they have Spark and Cassandra Integration.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Serega Sheypak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, are Cassandra and Spark from Cloudera compatible?
Where can I find these compatilibity notes?

Re: cassandra and spark from cloudera distirbution

Sebastian Estevez

Oh sorry Jay mentioned DSE and you said we already use it.

I think the answer to your question is Brian's response.

These are the dse docs if you want to read about it:

http://docs.datastax.com/en/datastax_enterprise/4.6/datastax_enterprise/spark/sparkTOC.html