cassandra source code

Divya Divs
Hi
I'm Divya, I'm trying to run the source code of cassandra in eclipse. I'm taking the source code from github. I'm using windows 64-bit, I'm following the instructions from this website. http://runningcassandraineclipse.blogspot.in/. In the github cassandra-trunk, conf/log4j-server.properies directories and  org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon, main class is not there. please give me a document to run the source code of cassandra. Please kindly help me to proceed. Please reply me as soon as possible.
                                           Thanking you

Re: cassandra source code

Brian O'Neill
FWIW — I just went through this, and posted the process I used to get up and running:

-brian

---

Brian O'Neill

Chief Technology Officer

Health Market Science, a LexisNexis Company

215.588.6024 Mobile @boneill42

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this email in error and are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please contact the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments and destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

From: Divya Divs <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 1:29 AM
To: <[hidden email]>, Jason Wee <[hidden email]>, Eric Stevens <[hidden email]>
Subject: cassandra source code

Hi
I'm Divya, I'm trying to run the source code of cassandra in eclipse. I'm taking the source code from github. I'm using windows 64-bit, I'm following the instructions from this website. http://runningcassandraineclipse.blogspot.in/. In the github cassandra-trunk, conf/log4j-server.properies directories and  org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon, main class is not there. please give me a document to run the source code of cassandra. Please kindly help me to proceed. Please reply me as soon as possible.
                                           Thanking you

Re: cassandra source code

Divya Divs
Thank very much.

Thanks and Regards,
Divya.K
M-Tech IT
Intern at Honeywell technology Solutions, Bangalore

From: Divya Divs <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 1:29 AM
To: <[hidden email]>, Jason Wee <[hidden email]>, Eric Stevens <[hidden email]>

Hi
I'm Divya, I'm trying to run the source code of cassandra in eclipse. I'm taking the source code from github. I'm using windows 64-bit, I'm following the instructions from this website. http://runningcassandraineclipse.blogspot.in/. In the github cassandra-trunk, conf/log4j-server.properies directories and  org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon, main class is not there. please give me a document to run the source code of cassandra. Please kindly help me to proceed. Please reply me as soon as possible.
                                           Thanking you

Re: cassandra source code

jobthomas

Cassandra Demon found in org/apache/cassandra/service/CassandraDaemon.java

This contain Main() method also.

Re: cassandra source code

Ali Akhtar
Make sure to have a priest nearby, or the demon can get out of hands! ;)

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Job Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Cassandra Demon found in org/apache/cassandra/service/CassandraDaemon.java

This contain Main() method also.

Re: cassandra source code

Divya Divs
hi
I hav run the source of cassandra in eclipse juno by following this document http://brianoneill.blogspot.in/2015/03/getting-started-with-cassandra.html. but i'm getting the exceptions. please help to solve this.

INFO  17:43:40 Node localhost/127.0.0.1 state jump to normal
INFO  17:43:41 Netty using Java NIO event loop
INFO  17:43:41 Using Netty Version: [netty-buffer=netty-buffer-4.0.23.Final.208198c, netty-codec=netty-codec-4.0.23.Final.208198c, netty-codec-http=netty-codec-http-4.0.23.Final.208198c, netty-codec-socks=netty-codec-socks-4.0.23.Final.208198c, netty-common=netty-common-4.0.23.Final.208198c, netty-handler=netty-handler-4.0.23.Final.208198c, netty-transport=netty-transport-4.0.23.Final.208198c, netty-transport-rxtx=netty-transport-rxtx-4.0.23.Final.208198c, netty-transport-sctp=netty-transport-sctp-4.0.23.Final.208198c, netty-transport-udt=netty-transport-udt-4.0.23.Final.208198c]
INFO  17:43:41 Starting listening for CQL clients on localhost/127.0.0.1:9042...
Exception (java.lang.IllegalStateException) encountered during startup: Failed to bind port 9042 on 127.0.0.1.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to bind port 9042 on 127.0.0.1.
ERROR 17:43:41 Exception encountered during startup
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to bind port 9042 on 127.0.0.1.
at org.apache.cassandra.transport.Server.run(Server.java:179) ~[main/:na]
at org.apache.cassandra.transport.Server.start(Server.java:119) ~[main/:na]
at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.start(CassandraDaemon.java:428) [main/:na]
at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:505) [main/:na]
at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:599) [main/:na]
[...]
INFO  17:43:41 Announcing shutdown
INFO  17:43:43 Waiting for messaging service to quiesce
INFO  17:43:43 MessagingService has terminated the accept() thread