cassandra triggers

Rahul Bhardwaj
Hi All,

I want to use triggers in cassandra. Is there any tutorial on creating triggers in cassandra .
Also I am not good in java.

Pl help !!

Regards:
Rahul Bhardwaj

Follow IndiaMART.com for latest updates on this and more: Mobile Channel:

Watch how IndiaMART Maximiser helped Mr. Khanna expand his business. kyunki Kaam Yahin Banta Hai!!!

Re: cassandra triggers

Asit KAUSHIK
Hi Rahul,

i have created a trigger which inserts a default value into the table. But everyone are against using it. As its an external code which may be uncompatible in future releases. Its was a chnallenge as all the examples are of old 2.0.X veresion where RowMutable package is used which is discontinued in the later releases.

If you still want the code i can give you . The application is same as on all the sites i used below for my reference. But again the code is for older release and would not work..

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Rahul Bhardwaj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I want to use triggers in cassandra. Is there any tutorial on creating triggers in cassandra .
Also I am not good in java.

Pl help !!

Regards:
Rahul Bhardwaj

Follow IndiaMART.com for latest updates on this and more: Mobile Channel:

Watch how IndiaMART Maximiser helped Mr. Khanna expand his business. kyunki Kaam Yahin Banta Hai!!!

Re: cassandra triggers

Rahul Bhardwaj
Yes Asit you can share it with me, let c if we can implement with our requirement.

Regards:
Rahul Bhardwaj

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Asit KAUSHIK <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

attached is the code . You follow the process for compiling and using the code.

If anything more is required please let me know. The Jar file has to be put into  /usr/share/cassandra/conf/triggers.
Hope this helps

Regards
asit

InvertedIndex.java (6K) Download Attachment

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 10:31 PM, Rahul Bhardwaj <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to use triggers in cassandra. Is there any tutorial on creating triggers in cassandra .

For the record, it is my understanding that you almost certainly should not use the current Cassandra triggers in production for any real work.

=Rob