differences between keyspaces and tables

differences between keyspaces and tables

Joe Van Dyk-2
Hi,

In some storage.conf's, I see <Tables> and in others I see <Keyspaces>.

Are they the same thing?

Joe Van Dyk
http://fixieconsulting.com

http://fixieconsulting.com

Re: differences between keyspaces and tables

Joe Van Dyk-3
Ah, ok.  I was using
http://blog.evanweaver.com/articles/2009/07/06/up-and-running-with-cassandra/
and didn't realize that it wasn't using the stable version of
Cassandra.

If starting a new project, is it recommended to use the latest beta version?

Joe

Joe Van Dyk
http://fixieconsulting.com

Re: differences between keyspaces and tables

Jonathan Ellis-3
0.4 RC2 is better than anything using <Table> :)  -final should be out soon.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Joe Van Dyk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah, ok.  I was using
> http://blog.evanweaver.com/articles/2009/07/06/up-and-running-with-cassandra/
> and didn't realize that it wasn't using the stable version of
> Cassandra.
>
> If starting a new project, is it recommended to use the latest beta version?
>
> Joe
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Michael Greene
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> They were renamed between 0.3 and 0.4.  They are the same thing.
>> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-271
>>
>> Michael
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Joe Van Dyk <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In some storage.conf's, I see <Tables> and in others I see <Keyspaces>.
>>>
>>> Are they the same thing?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Joe Van Dyk
>>> http://fixieconsulting.com
>>

> --
> Joe Van Dyk
> http://fixieconsulting.com

Re: differences between keyspaces and tables

Michael Greene
0.4 should be released very soon, pending approval by our Apache Incubator.  0.5 is the version currently under active development.

Michael

Side note: you may have been using an older version of that blog post. Evan seems to be updating it to incorporate changes, and I see <Keyspace> on that page now.