dropped MUTATION messages on remote DC when using cross_node_timeout: true

dropped MUTATION messages on remote DC when using cross_node_timeout: true

Donald Smith
We have C* 2.0.9 running on three DCs, with ntpd running to synchronize time.
On our local DC we set *cross_node_timeout: true* in cassandra.yaml without problem.

But when we did it in a remote DC we got lots of messages like
INFO [ScheduledTasks:1] 2014-09-21 21:26:45,191 MessagingService.java (line 857) 9016 MUTATION messages dropped in last 5000ms
Any idea why?