error on using sstable loader

Rahul Bhardwaj
Hi All,

While using bulk loader  we are getting this error:

 sstableloader -d 162.217.99.217 /var/lib/cassandra/data/clickstream/business_feed_new
ERROR 17:50:48,218 Unable to initialize MemoryMeter (jamm not specified as javaagent).  This means Cassandra will be unable to measure object sizes accurately and may consequently OOM.
Established connection to initial hosts
Opening sstables and calculating sections to stream
        at org.apache.cassandra.utils.EstimatedHistogram$EstimatedHistogramSerializer.deserialize(EstimatedHistogram.java:335)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableMetadata$SSTableMetadataSerializer.deserialize(SSTableMetadata.java:463)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableMetadata$SSTableMetadataSerializer.deserialize(SSTableMetadata.java:448)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableMetadata$SSTableMetadataSerializer.deserialize(SSTableMetadata.java:432)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableReader.openMetadata(SSTableReader.java:225)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableReader.openForBatch(SSTableReader.java:160)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableLoader$1.accept(SSTableLoader.java:112)
        at java.io.File.list(File.java:1155)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableLoader.openSSTables(SSTableLoader.java:73)
        at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableLoader.stream(SSTableLoader.java:155)
        at org.apache.cassandra.tools.BulkLoader.main(BulkLoader.java:94)

Please help in resolving the same.

Regards:
Rahul Bhardwaj

Follow IndiaMART.com for latest updates on this and more: Mobile Channel:

Watch how Irrfan Khan gets his work done in no time on IndiaMART, kyunki Kaam Yahin Banta Hai!!!

Re: error on using sstable loader

Robert Coli-3
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:26 AM, Rahul Bhardwaj <[hidden email]> wrote:
 sstableloader -d 162.217.99.217 /var/lib/cassandra/data/clickstream/business_feed_new
ERROR 17:50:48,218 Unable to initialize MemoryMeter (jamm not specified as javaagent).  This means Cassandra will be unable to measure object sizes accurately and may consequently OOM.
Established connection to initial hosts
Opening sstables and calculating sections to stream

Increase the amount of heap memory available to sstableloader. I forget how to do this (where specifically you need to set the variable), but it's not that difficult.

=Rob