idiomatic way to do zeitgeist kind of counter behavior in cassandra

idiomatic way to do zeitgeist kind of counter behavior in cassandra

mobiledreamers
I m trying to figure out how to implement a zeitgeist in cassandra

How do we implement the counter, do we need to the get the value increment and insert again
or are there other ways to do this

thanks a lot

Re: idiomatic way to do zeitgeist kind of counter behavior in cassandra

Michael Greene
See this previous discussion of a related topic
http://markmail.org/thread/w3mrh4h64xpf3vuj

Michael

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:31 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I m trying to figure out how to implement a zeitgeist in cassandra
>
> How do we implement the counter, do we need to the get the value increment
> and insert again
> or are there other ways to do this
>
> thanks a lot

Re: idiomatic way to do zeitgeist kind of counter behavior in cassandra

mobiledreamers
Thanks michael
it is very pertinent to this question

Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: idiomatic way to do zeitgeist kind of counter behavior in cassandra

mobiledreamers
How do we access cql from the python thrift api
thanks

Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: idiomatic way to do zeitgeist kind of counter behavior in cassandra

Michael Greene
You would call client.executeQuery("CQL statement goes here")

However, this is not recommended, as CQL will be removed soon and
there is currently no documentation on it.  That previous topic did
not recommend using CQL, the user's original question just included
it.  That thread discusses pitfalls of using Cassandra for this type
of counter and appropriate alternatives or workarounds until Cassandra
gets features which make it better for this situation.

Michael