problem running cassandra

mobiledreamers
I did set it up as the readme file instructed but i encountered this error,
Can you please suggest how i fix this
thanks

cassandra]$ bin/cassandra -f
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8888
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cassandra/service/CassandraDaemon
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon
Could not find the main class: org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.  Program will exit.

Re: problem running cassandra

Jonathan Ellis-3
what version are you trying to run?  on what platform?

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I did set it up as the readme file instructed but i encountered this error,
> Can you please suggest how i fix this
> thanks
>
> cassandra]$ bin/cassandra -f
> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8888
> org/apache/cassandra/service/CassandraDaemon
> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
> Could not find the main class:
> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.  Program will exit.

Re: problem running cassandra

mobiledreamers
Hey jonathan
thanks a lot
fedora
I searched and found that the problem was i hadnt setup JAVA_HOME

once i set it up

it worked immediately

But i m trying to setup the cassandra web inerface. Can you show me how to setup cassandra
Thanks a lot

Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: problem running cassandra

Jonathan Ellis-3
for 0.3 you can connect to the web interface on port 7002 (configurable).

In trunk we have removed the web interface in favor of JMX and
nodeprobe; see http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/GettingStarted,
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/NodeProbe, and
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MemtableThresholds

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey jonathan
> thanks a lot
> fedora
> I searched and found that the problem was i hadnt setup JAVA_HOME
> once i set it up
> it worked immediately
> But i m trying to setup the cassandra web inerface. Can you show me how to
> setup cassandra
> Thanks a lot
>
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Jonathan Ellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> what version are you trying to run?  on what platform?
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I did set it up as the readme file instructed but i encountered this
>> > error,
>> > Can you please suggest how i fix this
>> > thanks
>> >
>> > cassandra]$ bin/cassandra -f
>> > Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8888
>> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> > org/apache/cassandra/service/CassandraDaemon
>> > Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> > org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon
>> >         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>> >         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> >         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>> >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>> >         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
>> >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
>> >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
>> > Could not find the main class:
>> > org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.  Program will exit.
>> >

> --
> Bidegg worlds best auction site
> http://bidegg.com

Re: problem running cassandra

mobiledreamers
why was the web interface removed?

Is there a simple python client for cassandra like python-couchdb

thanks a lot

Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: problem running cassandra

Jonathan Ellis-3
because it was (a) buggy and (b) trying to do too many things at once,
all of which html was a poor fit for.

you can generate a bare-bones python client with thrift; see
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ThriftInterface

the Digg guys are working on a more idiomatic python client.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 3:20 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> why was the web interface removed?
> Is there a simple python client for cassandra like python-couchdb
> thanks a lot
>
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Jonathan Ellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> for 0.3 you can connect to the web interface on port 7002 (configurable).
>>
>> In trunk we have removed the web interface in favor of JMX and
>> nodeprobe; see http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/GettingStarted,
>> http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/NodeProbe, and
>> http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MemtableThresholds
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hey jonathan
>> > thanks a lot
>> > fedora
>> > I searched and found that the problem was i hadnt setup JAVA_HOME
>> > once i set it up
>> > it worked immediately
>> > But i m trying to setup the cassandra web inerface. Can you show me how
>> > setup cassandra
>> > Thanks a lot

>> > --
>> > Bidegg worlds best auction site
>> > http://bidegg.com
>> >

> --
> Bidegg worlds best auction site
> http://bidegg.com

Re: problem running cassandra

mobiledreamers
Can the person at Digg Share when they are releasing this idiomatic client.

thanks a lot