use of nodeprobe snapshot

Simon Smith-3
Is there any documentation on the snapshot functionality - I'm able to
successfully create one using nodeprobe, but I don't know how I can
use it.

Thanks!

Simon

Re: use of nodeprobe snapshot

Sammy Yu
Hi Simon,
  The sstables are immutable so the snapshot command creates hard
links for each sstable.  Right now it is more for archival purposes.
You should be able to take the sstables in the snapshot directory and
put them in the regular data directory.  You can also copy the
sstables onto another machine.  Currently, there is no support of
telling cassandra to use a particular snapshot if that's what you are
looking for.

Cheers,
Sammy

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Simon Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any documentation on the snapshot functionality - I'm able to
> successfully create one using nodeprobe, but I don't know how I can
> use it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Simon

Re: use of nodeprobe snapshot