Quantcast

value size, is there a suggested limit?

graild
Is there a suggested sized maximum that you can set the value of a given key?

e.g. could I convert a document to bytes and store it as a value to a key?  if yes, which I presume so, what if the file is 10mb? or 100mb?

Re: value size, is there a suggested limit?

Mark Greene
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CassandraLimitations

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM, S Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a suggested sized maximum that you can set the value of a given key?

e.g. could I convert a document to bytes and store it as a value to a key?  if yes, which I presume so, what if the file is 10mb? or 100mb?

Re: value size, is there a suggested limit?

dir dir
Hi Ahmed,

Casandra has a limitation to store value in to database. the maximum size is 2^31-1 byte.
if you have more than 2^31-1 byte, I suggest you to create several chunk data.